- KEYBOARDS: Piano Solo, Harpsichord, Organ, Accordion, etc
- STRINGS: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double bass, Guitar, Harp, etc
- WOODWINDS: Flute, Oboe, English horn, Clarinet, Saxophone, Bassoon
- BRASSWINDS: Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba
- VOICE: Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Bass, etc
- PERCUSSION: Vibraphon, Marimba, Snare drum, Setup, Timpani, Drum set, Hands-percussion, etc
- PIANO FOUR HANDS
- CHAMBER MUSIC: Duo, Trio, Quartet, Quintet, String Quartet, Saxophone Quartet, Wind Quintet, Reed Quintet, Others etc
- PRODIGY – Born in 2015 and younger / Up to 10 min
- KIDS – Born in 2014/2013 / Up to 10 min
- KIDS ARTIST– Born in 2012/2011 / Up to 15 min
- JUNIOR – Born in 2010/2009 / Up to 15 min
- JUNIOR ARTIST – Born in 2008/2007 / Up to 15 min
- YOUTH – Born in 2006/2005 / up to 25 minutes
- YOUTH ARTIST – Born in 2004/2003 / up to 25 minutes
- ADVANCE – Born in 2002/2001 / up to 25 minutes
- ADVANCE ARTIST – Born in 2000/1999 / up to 25 minutes
- MASTER – Born in 1998/1997 / up to 25 minutes
- MASTER ARTIST– Born in 1996/1995 /up to 25 minutes
- PROFESSIONAL – Born in 1994 and older / up to 25 minutes
For Chamber Music and Piano 4 Hands, the category will be determined by the average age of the members of a given group. (For example: Member 1 1995, Member 2 1999, Member 3 2001, the average year will be 1998. The age category will be ADVANCE ARTIST)
1. FREE ENTRY (PRELIMINARY ROUND)
Deadline for FREE ENTRY to International Music Competition Festival(IMCF) is JUNE 30st 2023.
Candidates are required to submit a video recording of their performances (YouTube or Vimeo link) on our page titled “FREE ENTRY”. The video recorded on the YouTube or Vimeo link have to be made no later than 24 months preceding the date of your entry. Total length of video clips: program free of choice up to 25 minutes of a continuous performance.
The video recording (audio only is not acceptable) must be solely performed by applicant. Multiple cameras can be used for video recording but no sound effects should be added to any portion of video entry (it is acceptable to have an introduction title with musician’s name, title of piece and composer). The musician may have an accompaniment to their entry if desired. Contestants approved to advance can enter the final round with the same video from the preliminary round or they can change it.
Only those who are selected in the qualifying round (initial screening) are entitled to advance to the final round.
2. INVITATION & APPLICATION (FINAL ROUND) Approved Invitation Based Application, entry fee: $ 75
The qualifying contestants will receive an email notification/invitation containing instructions on how to proceed to the final round including the payment of the $ 75 Administrative Processing Fee. (Please note this is not refundable)
This should be submitted according to the competition schedule. See Competition Schedule section above.
Parents must approve use of minors name on website and social media.
Jury and Marking System
The work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. The members of the jury are selected from a group of renowned concert artists(New York Arts Society members), conductors, composers and educators. All decisions of the jury are final and irrevocable.
The audition will be evaluated by the jury through the video material presented by each participant. The final selections of winners will be based solely on the video recordings submitted. Judges are independent, and their students are not permitted to participate in the competition. The judges votes will be strictly confidential and will not be shared or published. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 93/100 points
SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 86/100 points
THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 79/100 points
FOURTH PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 72/100 points
Special Mention – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 65/100 points
Honorable Mention – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 55/100 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.